And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. (Matthew 24:14, NIV)
Praise be to God, by the help and grace of God we have reached the end
of 2022. Our theme throughout 2022 is Becoming a stronger and fruitful
church (Luke 6:47-48; John 15:8). Through all the preaching of God's
Word that has been conveyed throughout most of this year, we are all invited
to walk to achieve the goals that He has set. These purposes were applied
by the early church in Acts 2 and described by Paul in Ephesians 4, but
they can all be summarized in Christ's Great Law (Mark 12:30-31); Christ's
Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15-16) and Christ's Great
Prayer (John 17). These are God's purposes for us His church, which can
be summed up in 7 things below:
1. Love the Lord your God with all your heart: We were created to glorify God, so the purpose of our lives is to love God through worship.
2. Love your neighbor as yourself: We are called to serve, so our goal is to show love to others through service.
3. Go, make disciples of all nations: We are sent on a mission, so our goal is to proclaim God's message through missions and evangelism.
4. baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: We are built to be God's family, so our goal is to relate to His church through fellowship.
5. teach them to do all things : We are destined to be like Christ, so our goal is to grow to maturity through discipleship.
6. sanctify them in righteousness: We are sanctified to righteousness, so our goal is to do all things for righteousness through sanctification.
7. that they may be one, as We are one: We are united to proclaim the oneness of God, so our goal is to reveal to the world the oneness of His church through unity and unity.
This strong commitment to be able to carry out the Great Law, Great Commission and Christ's Great Prayer will make us His evangelical and missionary disciples. Worship activities, Prayers (HOPE Local & Global), Bible Studies (KOMPAK), cell groups (KOMPAS), family groups (PERAK) and comrades among friends (PERKASA) which are held in GMI, all of which is intended so that all congregations can build mutual faith that is not limited and can realize it in this life. It is not easy, but it is our collective responsibility as followers of Christ who want to live more firmly and bear fruit for the glory of His name. We must progress to become more and more like Christ. For this reason, it is very important that each individual can be truly embedded in the local congregation that has been set by Him by following all the activities in it, and by periodically evaluating spiritual health, spiritual progress, and passing on to others what has been received and experienced personally. And we must also remain steadfast in fulfilling the evangelistic call in these end times, because that is the last target towards the end of this world (Matt. 24:14). If we are committed to doing so, then we will share in the fulfillment of Christ's Great Commission. Let us further strengthen these goals in entering the year 2023 to come. Finally, Merry CHRISTMAS 2022 and Happy NEW YEAR 2023! IMMANUEL, GOD WITH US!
By Pastor Silwanus Obadja M.Th.