"...upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of death will not rule over it" (Matthew 16:18)
"Thus you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens of the saints and members of God's family, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus as the cornerstone" (Ephesians 2: 19-20)
The Indonesian Mission Church (GMI) e.V. is a missionary church based on the apostolic & prophetic pattern of the New Testament established by the Lord Jesus Christ, the Head of the Church through His servants who have been called and established (Ephesians 4: 11-12). (See the history of the establishment of GMI e.V.)
GMI was established in the city of Frankfurt/M-Germany in 1993 in response to the Great Commission of Christ (Matthew 28: 19-20) to serve and reach people with an Indonesian background and also other nations in Europe (See Vision and Mission GMI e.V.)
|1.||To glorify God by having LIVES LIKE THE EARLY CHURCHES (Acts 2: 41-47; 6: 7; 9:31; I Peter 2: 11-12). The way of life of the early church is the best example for the life of all churches throughout the world. The way of life of the early church is neither exclusive nor individualistic. They were corporately involved in meeting God in worship services, building shared interests, carrying out the practice of sincere love in the life of community, having openness and cohesiveness that strongly supports the growth of partnerships and world missions. By following the example of the early church, GMI will become a dream church that lives a healthy and strong life, and a church that becomes a blessing for many.|
|2.||To apply the APOSTOLIC LEADERSHIP & MISSIONARY COMMUNITY according to the Compliance to equip the church of God (Acts 14:23; 15: 2,4,6; 20: 17,28; 6: 1-7; Ephesians 4: 11-12; I Timothy 3: 1-16; 5: 17-25; Titus 1: 5-9). GMI approves the role of APOSTOLIC LEADERS & ELDERS as a TEAM in the building of the body of Christ both locally and globally. They are people who must meet the requirements of God's Word, those who can be asked and those who can be depend on each other. The example of the early church leadership allows for an atmosphere of leadership in GMI that teaches the church a balanced, sustainable, and complemented togetherness. For this purpose, GMI holds a Ministry School (SOM) and Leadership Training through the CMMTC program (see CMMTC)|
|3.||To carry out the discipleship and vision of all church members to achieve spiritual maturity (Matthew 28: 19,20; John 8: 31-32; 13:35; 15: 8; I Peter 2: 9; Revelation 1: 5,6; 5 : 10). Every believer who has moved from the darkness to His miraculous light, has a biblical function of God as the teacher and the new believer as a student. Hoping that everyone who believes may provide themselves actively in representation and service, so they will grow to be spiritually mature. If every member in Christ becomes mature, they also will be ready to serve and make disciples. And through that process they will also be able to take root, grow and bear fruit. GMI practices puts great emphasis on discipleship and priesthood functions for each church member through the COMPASS, KOMPAK, MIGHTY, SILVER & AWARENESS programs (see GMI congregation activities).|
|4.||To turn on the balance of ORGANISM & ORGANIZATION in the life of the local church (Ephesians 4:11, 12; Romans 12: 3-8; I Corinthians 12: 7-10; I Peter 4: 10-11; I Peter 2: 13-17) . The ORGANISM in the early church was an example for us, because every member of His body who practiced the spiritual gifts God has given them, can make His church live, grow and develop dynamically even today. The early church should never neglect the ORGANIZATION or the work of human salvation which is naturally improving the order in the life of the local church. The organization or institution of humankind is the goal of the local church, which is given as a tool for local congregations to help to take responsibility in the life of the nation and state for the glory of their name (1 Peter 2: 13-17). Therefore GMI is not related to religion and church organizations.|
|5.||To Strengthen the stronghold of PRAYER, PRAYER & WORSHIP which forwards God's care and to overcome spiritual warfare (Matthew 26:41; John 4:23; I Corinthians 14:26; Ephesians 5: 18,19; 6: 10-20; I Timothy 2: 1-6). A life of prayer, praise and worship is the key to strengthen God's church. Without prayer, praise and worship, the church will become weak and die. The liturgy of the church that was held the Holy Spirit Meeting, as well as the meetings attended by God was unrealistic and worship meetings were dead and only ceremonial. GMI does not say that churches should cancel the liturgy, but liturgy should not hamper the work of the Holy Spirit. The work of the Holy Spirit cannot be hindered by rigid liturgy. Freedom of expression in praying, worshiping and praising God is very important. Characteristics of the church that is filled with the presence of God is a guided church. The Apostle Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 14:33, 40, that God does not want, but peace and everything must be done politely and regularly in worship meetings. Prayer, Praise & Worship must be a pillar of GMI's mission.|
|6.||To get involved in the work of WORLD MISSION & EVANGELISM (Matthew 28: 18-20; Mark 16: 15-18; Luke 24: 46-49; Acts 1: 8). Worldwide mission and mission work is a very important assignment of the church. This is not just a task for individuals who have a heart of mission. Even the early church, "apostles", in the sense of "messengers" or "missionaries" became an integral part of every christian congregation. The living church of God must give birth to "apostles" / "missionaries" and the church must send them out. Because "how can they preach unless they are sent?" (Romans 10:15). As Paul & Barnabas were sent by the Antioch church (Acts 13: 1-3), so the local church must be a church that sends out missionaries. Sending out missionaries, praying for missionaries and financially supporting the missionaries, are biblical examples of the living early church (Ephesians 6: 18-20; Colossians 4: 2-4; Philippians 4: 15-18). GMI must be a church that is involved in the work of World Mission & evangelism in order to fulfill the vision and mission of the Kingdom of God until its end (Matthew 24:14)|
Before Jesus returned to earth, it was prophesied that the restoration of all things must occur first (Acts 3:21), but after especially the restoration of His church. Local churches are an integral part of the Global Church (the Unity of the Body of Christ as a whole). That 's the reason why every mentioned above is a statement of the purpose of GMI. As part of the restoration of His Church, GMI will continue to move towardt the purpose of becoming a church of God, filled with His glory, to appropriate be called the bride of Christ (Revelation 19: 6-10).
The Indonesian Mission Church (GMI) e.V. was formed to fulfill God's plan in the construction and also restoration of His church. This congregation was formed not only to "invite" people, but to "disciple them to be, faithful followers of Christ until the end. GMI was formed because of the burden and divine vision to declare God's glory in Europe, Indonesia and throughout the world.
We are a branch of the GEREJA UTUSAN PANTEKOSTA in INDONESIA (GUPdI), member of PGI (Persekutuan Gereja-gereja Indonesia) & PGPI (Persekutuan Gereja-gereja Pentakosta Indonesia).
We are also a member of the BFP (Bund Freikirchlicher Pfingstgemeinden KdöR) in Germany.
- To become a missionary church which is a place of support and spiritual pastoral care for Christians from Indonesia who are in oversea countries and also for believers from any nation who wants to join us to learn living according to the basic principles of the early church life. (Ezekiel 34:15; John 10:16; Acts 2: 41-47; I Peter 2: 11-12).
- To become a missionary church that desires to complete the Great Commission of Christ until His second coming. We strive to reach and win souls by sharing the Good News about Jesus Christ, looking for the lost, bringing home the lost, helping the wounded, strengthening the weak and protecting blessed ones (Matthew 28: 18-20; Isaiah 52: 7; Romans 10: 13-15; Luke 15; Ezekiel 34:16; John 10:10). This is the key to our Vision & Mission.
- To become a missionary church that takes the initiative to establish congregational places (mission posts) for believers in the cities that God has entrusted us. We want to welcome them as members of God's family that need to be built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Christ Jesus as the cornerstone so they may grow together reaching spiritual maturity through Bible study classes, church mentoring programs and small groups, like community cell groups where they can open up, love one another, bless one another, build up one another, care for one another, learn from one another, learn to form one another and be able to live in harmony together (Psalm 133; Acts 2: 44-46; Ephesians 2:19; 4:12).
- To become a missionary church that prepares, equips, trains, fosters, teaches, develops a heart for mission/evangelism in every member under apostolic leadership in order to have a missionary life to the ends of the earth. The desire to send GMI members out, is so they can "bless to inherit blessings" (GMI motto) and carry out the calling for mission wherever, and as whoever they are placed by God to be a blessing in Europe, in Indonesia and globally to proclaim and for the sake of His kingdom (Acts 2:42 a; Ephesians 4: 11-12; II Timothy 4: 1-4).
- To become a missionary church that in visions oversea countries as "promised lands", on which local churches with adequate facilities can be built to answer the challenges of current times and missions. These facilities include an "Indonesian Church Mission & Worship Center", an activity center with seating capacities tailored to the needs, space for church offices, Sunday school classrooms, rooms for teaching and training of church workers, prayer rooms, meeting rooms, function rooms, counseling rooms, recording studio rooms, communication media rooms, Christian bookstores, libraries, rectory, rooms for church guests, rooms that can be rented out to Christian students and recreation/family rooms. All of this will be designed to serve and build all members of the whole body of Christ - morally and spiritually - for the realization of GMI's vidion towards a house of God's glory filled with His peace (Joshua 1: 3; Haggai 2:10).
This is our vision & mission before the Lord Jesus Christ returns again the second time. We are certain this vision will happen if God wills and we believe it.
"BLESS TO INHERIT A BLESSING"
Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. (1 Peter 3:9)